Our Professional Advisers
The People Who Made it Happen
The Stroud Heritage Conservation Trust would never have come into being without the support of many people beginning in 2004. Some have worked tirelessly in the background, others contributed many hours of professional time at no cost. We thank all of them for their support, advice and strategic thinking.
- Michael Rosenfeld, Special Counsel in Public Interest and Charity Law,Sparke Helmore Lawyers, Newcastle
- Without assistance from Sparke Helmore the establishment of both the Stroud Heritage Conservation Trust, and its trustee, Stroud Heritage Conservation Incorporated, would not have been possible. Michael Rosenfeld undertook the bulk of the legal work and also provided practical and strategic advice. Over many years he has assisted the set up of numerous charities and other not-for-profit organisations through Sparke Helmore's pro bono and community engagement scheme called 'Share'. www.sparke.com.au
- Michael writes: "It's been a pleasure through my pro bono work at Sparke Helmore to support the establishment of the Stroud Heritage Conservation Trust and its trustee.The St John's group of buildings are exceptional examples of Australian colonial architecture and they deserve to be preserved for future generations. I commend all involved for their commitment and perseverance in what has been a lengthy but rewarding process in establishing the right infrastructure and partnerships for their long-term conservation. I wish the trustee, and its board of management, every success in their future endeavours and look forward to continuing our pro bono partnership."
- Anna Candler, Managing Director, The Six Hats ("Making Companies Investor-Ready"), Sydney
- For over 20 years Anna, founder of The Six Hats, has worked with a broad range of clients to develop strategies for growth. Using The Six Hats approach of finding innovative solutions, Anna sowed the initial seed of the Stroud trust project. She has helped form strategy, devised presentations and provided introductions in the corporate sphere. www.thesixhats.com
- Anna writes: "Working to develop a trust that provides certainty for the preservation of this unique cluster of buildings has been one of my most personally satisfying experiences. Our history needs to be protected. I congratulate all the organisations, Great Lakes Council and people involved who contributed to the formation of the Trust.
- George Stamoulos, Partner - Financial Services, Ernst & Young, Sydney
- Since August 2008 George has advised on taxation aspects of the trust project, collaborating in Sparke Helmore's framing of the Trust Deed and the constitution of Stroud Heritage Conservation Incorporated. Ernst & Young have offered ongoing tax assistance.
- George writes: " I have thoroughy enjoyed helping to establish the Stroud Heritae conservation Trust. The effort that has been put into preserving Australian colonial architecture is to be applauded."